Submitted by Jennifer Lawson
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-6 hours
2-3 pounds beef stew meat
1 pound andouille sausage
2-28 oz cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
3-15 oz cans chili beans (or black beans would be tasty, too)
2-10 oz cans diced tomatoes with diced green chilies
2-packages frozen roasted corn (Trader Joes is the best! J)
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced peppers
2-3 tablespoons diced garlic
2-½ tablespoons chili powder (I used Chili 9000 from Penzeys Spices)
1 jar Little Diablo Chipotle Salsa
½ cup quinoa
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons garlic flavored grapeseed oil
1. Cut Andouille sausage into bite sizes pieces and sauté in a pan over medium heat until heated through. Add to crockpot.
2. Mix flour and ½ tablespoon chili powder together in zip lock bag. Add beef and toss to coat.
3. Sauté onions, green peppers and garlic in garlic grapeseed oil until translucent. Brown beef in pan along with vegetables. Do in batches to make pan less crowded. Add to crockpot.
4. Add remaining ingredients to crockpot and stir.
5. Cook on low for 5-6 hour until beef in tender.
Serve with avocado, cheese and sour cream if desired.